Designed with the vlogger and solo filmmaker in mind, the JOBY Wavo PLUS is an intuitive supercardioid on-camera shotgun microphone ready for your next on-the-go adventure. A 3.5mm TRS output integrates the microphone into your mirrorless or DSLR camera to record in tandem with your visuals. A USB-C port can charge the Wavo PLUS's internal battery or record audio to your laptop. Switches on the mic toggle a safety track recording, gain boost, or high-pass filter for high-performance in challenging sound environments.
An internal rechargeable battery keeps the mic running for 30 hours at a time and its status can be monitored using the LED indicator at the front of the device. Auto-power mode turns the Wavo PLUS on and off at the same time as your connected camera to save battery. Included accessories like a foam windscreen, power cables, and a mount adapter make incorporating the Wavo PLUS into your preexisting content creation workflow a breeze.
Audio Live Monitoring
- Monitor your audio quality while recording with the 3.5mm headphone port. A dedicated knob provides 5-steps of volume adjustment.
Safety Track Recording
- Convert the right audio channel to a safety track recorded at -10 dB with the push of a button as a safety if your main audio becomes compromised.
- When engaged, remove low-frequency noise like ACs or the rumble of traffic with the 100 Hz filter.
- Defaults to automatic power mode, which turns microphone off and on in tandem with your connected camera. This saves time when shooting and saves battery.
Feedback LED System
- A single LED light at the front of the mic indicates when the device is on and running. It also makes monitoring your battery level while vlogging more intuitive.
Internal Rechargeable Battery
- Built-in to the Wavo PLUS is a 600mAh lithium-polymer battery, which can run for up to 30 hours at a time. Recharging the microphone is as easy as plugging a power source into the USB-C port. The device fully recharges in just 2 hours.
- The USB-C port can also be connected to a Windows or MacOS device to record separate tracks like voice overs directly to your personal computer.
Built-In Shock mount
- A built-in shock mount reduces noise created by jostling and handling for a cleaner sound. The bottom features a cold shoe mount with 3/8"-16 thread for attachment to your camera cage.
Included with the Wavo PLUS are a 3.5mm TRS to TRRS cable and 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable to connect the microphone to the recording device of your choice, whether that be your DSLR/mirrorless camera or a mobile device. Two USB cables, one USB-C to USB-C and the other USB-C to USB-A, can charge the mic or connect it to your personal computer. A foam windscreen reduces noise from light wind conditions and a 3/8"-16 to 1/4"-20 mount adapter is included for increased mounting capability.
- Sound Field: Mono
- Operating Principle: Line Gradient
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Pad: -10 dB
- High-Pass Filter: 100 Hz
- Tone Adjustment: None
- Gain Adjustment: -10 dB to +15 dB
- Indicators: Single LED
- On-Board Controls: Gain/Sensitivity, Headphone Volume, High-Pass Filter, On/Off
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL (1 kHz, 1% THD, 1-Kilohm Load)
- Impedance: 10 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -16 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 75 dB
- Analog Output: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female (on Mic)
- USB & Digital Output: 1 x USB-C Female (on Mic)
- Headphone Output: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm
- Operating Voltage: 3.7 V
- Battery Type: 1 x Built-In (Included)
- Battery Chemistry: Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo)
- Battery Capacity: 600 mAh
- Approximate Battery Life: 30 Hours
- Mounting: Camera/Shoe-Mount, Mounting Thread, Shockmount (Included)
- Mounting Thread Size: 3/8"-16 Female (1/4"-20 Female with Included Adapter)
- Construction Material: ABS