Samyang 8mm T3.8 UMC Fisheye CS II Lens for Canon EF Mount DSLR Camera SYHD8MV-C
- This Canon EF Mount Samyang 8mm T3.8 UMC Fish-Eye CS II Lens is a fish-eye cine lens designed for video capture on cameras with APS-C sized sensors. It features an 8mm focal length and a 180° ultra wide angle of view. This angle of view changes, however, to 167° on Canon cameras because Canon APS-C sized sensors are slightly smaller and have a crop factor of 1.6.
- Fish-eye lenses aren't for common, everyday shots, but can be excellent for capturing sports stadiums, large halls, highly-packed city sights, and similar scenery in a warped, unconventional fashion. They're also useful in making small rooms look bigger and straight lines or bars appear more oval, in both scenarios as a result of warping the image.
- Cine Lens for APS-C Sized Sensors
- 8mm Focal Length
- 180° Ultra Wide Angle of View
- T3.8 to T22 Aperture; 6 Aperture Blades
- Aperture Adjusts Without Click Stops
- Well-Damped, Smooth Focus Ring
- 0.8 Gear Pitch on Aperture & Focus Rings
- 11.8" (30 cm) Minimum Focusing Distance
- 10 Lens Elements in 7 Groups
- Anti-Reflection Ultra Multi Coating