Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 OS Image Stabilization DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens for Nikon F
Offering an impressively versatile range with a portable form factor, the Nikon F-mount 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM from Sigma is a Contemporary-series telephoto zoom characterized by its sophisticated optics and flexible handling. One FLD element and three SLD elements are used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and a Super Multi-Coating also helps to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 225-900mm equivalent focal length range.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit from making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and splash-resistant design suits this lens's use in inclement weather conditions and water- and oil-repellent coating has also been applied to the front element to aid in cleaning.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch can be activated at any focal length to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- A removable, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma TC-1401 1.4x and TC-2001 2x teleconverters.
F-Mount Lens/FX Format
Aperture Range: f/5 to f/22
One FLD Element, Three SLD Elements
Super Multi-Layer Coating
Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
OS Image Stabilization
Removable, Rotating Tripod Collar
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm