Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 OS Image Stabilization DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Canon EF
Versatile with its reach, the Canon EF-mount 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM from Sigma is a Sports-series lens offering a flexible telephoto zoom range, along with an advanced optical and physical design. A series of low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range and contribute to greater clarity and color accuracy. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been employed to control ghosting and flare for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
- As part of the Sports line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 240-960mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit from making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and splash-resistant design suits this lens's use in inclement weather conditions and water- and oil-repellent coating has also been applied to the front and rear elements to aid in cleaning.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Zoom lock switch can be activated at any focal length to prevent accidental and unwanted zoom adjustment.
- A fixed, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma TC-1401 1.4x and TC-2001 2x teleconverters.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5 to f/22
- Two FLD Elements, Three SLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- OS Image Stabilization
- Fixed, Rotating Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm