Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 OS Image Stabilization DG OS HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
A versatile zoom for everyday shooting, the Canon EF-mount 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Lens from Sigma covers a useful wide-angle to portrait-length range of focal lengths to suit shooting in a variety of environments. As part of the esteemed Art series of lenses, a sophisticated optical design is used that incorporates three SLD elements and four aspherical elements to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as color fringing, distortions, and other anomalies for greater clarity and sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for accurate color fidelity and high contrast, and a protective coating has been applied to the front element, too, to benefit working in harsh climates. Additionally, extending its versatility, a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range as well as greater control over depth of field.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- A standard zoom lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and also provides greater control over depth of field when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops to benefit from making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm is constructed from durable, fluorine-coated polycarbonate and also features a carbon feather film for smooth performance when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit from working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three SLD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- OS Image Stabilization
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm